RCMP say two people have died from carbon monoxide poisoning in northern Alberta.
Officers were conducting a wellness check at a residence in Little Buffalo on Boxing Day when they found a 58-year-old woman and a 64-year-old man unresponsive and with no pulse.
Police say the officers on scene began to feel dizzy and light-headed, so they called a local fire department for assistance.
The fire department then identified a “high level” of carbon monoxide inside the residence.
Investigators say foul play is not suspected and that the incident is believed to be isolated.
RCMP are encouraging people to familiarize themselves with the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, such as headache, dizziness, chest pain and confusion, and to check their carbon monoxide detectors to confirm they are working properly.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 28, 2021.
This story was produced with the financial assistance of the Facebook and Canadian Press News Fellowship.
View original article here Source