A 25-year-old construction worker at the new Amazon warehouse was taken to hospital Thursday after being injured by an electric shock, according to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
OHS confirmed on Friday that a man working at the 1,000,000 square-foot facility in Nisku — about 10 kilometres south of Edmonton — was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The man was an employee of A. Circuit Electric Ltd.
The incident is currently being investigated.
The company did not respond when reached for comment.
A. Circuit Electric was picked to handle the electrical work for the Amazon site in collaboration with Dawson Wallace.